Federal Broach and Machine Company has one of the lowest warranty cost per machine ratios in the industry. Our unparalleled attention to detail, construction methods and purchased component control, gives each one of our machines that added assurance of quality.
Offered in electromechanical or hydraulic styles, the Blind Spline machine can produce internal and external blind spines in an array of sizes and styles of parts. With its 5-50 ton force capacity, 10-13 inch stroke capacity and 6-26 station rotary table capacity (part design dependant), this machine is highly versatile. Typically, it requires only 400 square feet of floor space, 12 inches of reinforced concrete and a maximum machine height of 17 feet.
- Mechanical or Hydraulic operated main rams
- Machine Stroke – 10 to 13 inches
- Broach Force – 5 to 50 tons
- Cycle time – 36 to 60 seconds
- Index table – 6 station to 26 stations (depending on part design)
- Broach tool design – Internal punch or external die
- Cutting speed – 20 feet/min.
- Return speed – 45 feet/min.
- Hydraulic system – 600 US gallons(If required)
- Pneumatic system – 60 p.s.i.
- Coolant system – self contained (225 gallons) or can be integrated to pump back or central system
- Electrical system – Siemens or Fanuc – 400 amp disconnect
- Lubrication system – 200 hour capacity before refill
- Part fixture design – Manual/robot shuttle table or a fully automatic part handling fixture
- Machine weight – 65,000 pounds
- Machine height – 17 feet
- Floor space requirements – 19’X 21’(400 sq. foot)
- Foundation requirements – 12 inch reinforced concrete
- Extra heavy fabricated steel machine frame thermally normalized before machining
- The machine frame is sand-blasted to remove scale after normalizing and is primed and painted, inside and out
- Machine has a modular design for maximum floor plan flexibility
- Self-contained coolant system with external tank and shed plates in machine base to direct chips out of machine and into chip filtration system
- Dry floor guarding made from 12 gauge steel with lifting doors and Lexan windows
- Epoxy filled limit switches in all coolant exposed areas
- Dual main independent hydraulic systems with separate control manifolds for each ram (hydraulically operated ram version)
- Separate motor drives and controls for electromechanical versions
- 3000 p.s.i. head-mounted main hydraulic cylinders without tie rods and including safety guards
- Optional part blow off system to reduce coolant carry off
- Mist collection system
- Chip conveyor
- Automatic door to accommodate manual load and unload
- Part turnover assembly
- Lift assist crane for collect service
- Offered in electromechanical or hydraulic version
© 2013 Federal Broach & Machine Company
and Helical Rising Table
Horizontal Surface Broach
Integration Systems Protocol
Blind Spline Punches
Blind Spline Dies
In-House Design Dept.
Service Engineer Dept.
Part Holding Fixtures &
Standard Purchasing Terms & Conditions
Standard Sales Terms & Conditions